Responsible Gaming Policy
Our business is entertainment – which should be enjoyable. We care about keeping it that way. If you or someone you know has a problem, there are ways to solve it.
There are many resources available for those people who feel they need assistance. We have outfitted the Blue Lake Casino with brochures, posters and other information, and any one of our employees or managers can direct you to appropriate resources, 24 hours a day.
* * * 24/7/365 National Problem Gambling Helpline: 1-800-GAMBLER or 1-800-522-4700 OR send a text message to 53342 * * *
California Council on Problem Gambling
National Council on Problem Gambling
We understand, though problem gambling affects a small percentage of the overall gaming population (studies show anywhere from 1-5%), that for those it does affect, the consequences can be damaging. Specific measures to control problem gambling include:
- Blue Lake Casino & Hotel is a member of the National Council on Problem Gambling.
- Blue Lake Casino & Hotel is the first casino on California’s Redwood Coast to implement a responsible gambling program.
- Information placards are posted throughout public areas listing a 24-hour gambling hotline and other resources available from the California Council on Problem Gambling, the National Council on Problem Gambling and Gamblers Anonymous.
- Brochures with problem gambling assistance information (in English and Spanish) are located in many high profile locations throughout the casino.
- Routine employee training is conducted, so casino employees can assist in identifying problem gamblers.
- Problem gambling coordinators are available whenever the casino is open, to be the liaison between the problem gambler and available resources, including 24-hour gambling hotline and other resources available from the California Council on Problem Gambling, the National Council On Problem Gambling and Gamblers Anonymous.
- Periodic advertisement and mailings promoting resources for overcoming gambling addiction are undertaken.
- Problem gambling hotline information is included on gaming-related promotional materials.
- We offer disciplined self-exclusion programs through the Blue Lake Rancheria’s Gaming Commission (1-707-668-5300).
- Identified problem gamblers will not be given access to the gaming areas of the casino but may patronize the other amenities, e.g. restaurants, etc.
- Repeat problem gamblers who do not uphold this policy will be banned from the casino altogether.